How To Check a Laser Level For Accuracy？
Check the accuracy of your laser tool regularly and particularly before important measuring tasks. Avoid uneven shelves, crooked picture frames, and misaligned tiles with these simple steps to calibrate your laser level correctly. Don't leave your home improvement projects to chance – learn to double-check your laser level's accuracy and achieve professional results every time.
Checking the accuracy of the horizontal line:
2. Direct the laser tool at wall B and activate a horizontal line.
3. Mark the horizontal line at wall A (->A1) and mark the line at wall B (->B1).
5. Direct the laser tool at wall A while ensuring the horizontal line overlaps mark B1, then mark the line at wall A (->A2).
6. Calculate the maximum allowable deviation: dmax=measuring distance x 2 x 0.2mm/m.
7. E.g. if the measuring distance is 5m, the dmax=2 x 5m x 0.2mm/m = 2mm. Thus, the difference between points A1 and A2 must not exceed 2mm (max.)
Checking the accuracy of the vertical line:
For this check, a firm surface with a door opening is required, with at least 2.5m of space to each side of the door.
1. Position the laser tool on a firm level surface (not on the tripod) 2.5m away from the door opening.
2. Activate the self-leveling mode and operate the vertical line direct to the door opening.
3. Mark B1 at the center of the vertical line at the floor of the door opening.
4. Mark B2 at a distance of 5m beyond the other side of the door opening.
5. Mark A1 at the upper edge of the door opening.
6. Rotate the laser tool by 180°and position it behind B2.
7. Direct the door opening and align the vertical line through B1 and B2.
8. Mark A2 at the upper edge of the door opening.
9. Calculate the maximum allowable deviation: dmax=height of the door opening x 2 x 0.2mm/m.
10. E.g., if the door opening height is 2m, the dmax=2 x 2m x 0.2mm/m =0.8mm. Thus, the difference between points A1 and A2 must not exceed 0.8mm (max.)
DOVOH was established in 2014. We're a leading China-based laser level company with a strong reputation for providing high-quality and precise laser levels for over 9+ years. Our laser levels are sold to China, the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Hungary, Japan, and other countries.
Dovoh professional laser levels' leveling accuracy is ±2mm/ 10m(±1/13 inch at 33ft). It's a good performance in this industry. We use a high-precision axicon component to reflect the high accuracy of the leveling laser beam. The laser level features durable housing surrounded by a rubber edge, and the laser cover is constructed from aluminum alloy. We use top-quality material to make sure it keeps consistently high accuracy.
At DOVOH, we prioritize quality and customer satisfaction. We provide a comprehensive warranty of two years for quality and five years for accuracy for our laser levels, giving our customers peace of mind and confidence in their purchase.
Welcome you to experience the precision and reliability of DOVOH laser levels.