How to Use a Laser Level
- Set up the laser level on a tripod or flat surface.
- If it is a manual level, you must ensure the bubble vials show level. Find the small screws near the vial. Adjust them until the bubbles vials show level.
- Turn on the laser level.
- If it is a self-leveling model, allow it a moment to self-level itself.
- The unit emits a laser showing level either on a wall or across an outdoor workspace (depending on the type of laser level, it could be a dot, multiple line or rotary laser showing level at 360 degrees horizontally or vertically).
- You may use a laser detector to intercept the laser if there’s no wall to “catch” it (typically outdoors).
- Connect the detector to a measuring rod.
- Adjust the detector up and down the rod until you hear beeping. This means the detector has found the laser.
- You have found level. Secure the detector to the rod and make measurements as necessary.